I love a tasty, fresh and nutrient rich breakfast to start my day, and what better way to get there with this fruit nut bowl. You’re going to love the simplicity and the flavour every morning.
* 1 cup of fruit cut up into bite size pieces (banana, berries, peaches, plums, etc.)
* 1/2 mixed nuts/seeds (hemp hearts, cashews, almonds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, walnuts, pecans, flax seads etc.)
* 1/2 cup of milk (almond, soy, oat, cashew milks are great. Dairy would work too.)
1. Blend the nut mix in a food processor and blend the nuts for a couple of seconds or pulses.
2. Cut up fruit and place into bowl.
3. Sprinkle nut/seed mix over top of fruit and pour over milk.
It could be made even easier if you pre-make the nut mix in a larger quantify and store it in a jar ready to go for the morning. The other thing I love is eating seasonally, during the summer different fruit are in season and it’s great to eat them fresh. Frozen fruit can do the trick too; put them into the fridge in a container overnight and they will melt or zap them in the microwave in the morning.